Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pineapple Popsicles and Broth

It's been a while since I've blogged, but the past 66 days have been just a matter of waiting, and waiting, and waiting... But now, it's just about here.
I went last Friday for my pre-op testing- Barium swallow (disgusting), x-rays, blood work, etc. Best part was the classes in what to expect with the surgery, and how to eat pre and post op.
Pre-op diet started yesterday. All the clear liquids I want including broth, sugar free popsicles & fudgsicles, sugar free Jello. 1 cup of fruit a day. 2 cups of raw veggies (if my allergies would let me eat them). 3 servings of dairy: nonfat yogurt, cottage cheese, sugar free pudding. 1 cups of juice. 2 cups of milk. 2 nutritional shakes (low carb) Yep, that's about it for the next five days.
I'm not going to lie, this pre-op diet is hard... really, really hard! And it SUCKS! It's a necessary evil Without the pre-op diet the liver is too heavy, and can make it difficult if no impossible for the surgeon to place the Band. I'm following it to the letter! I didn't come this far to screw this up.
Yesterday, the first day of the diet, I wanted to rip people's heads off for... well, it didn't have to be for anything. I was starving, my blood sugar was out of whack, and I will in a pissy mood! Today, I'm still starving, my blood sugar is still out of whack, but I have TONS of energy! I like that part :)
The nurse giving me my allergy shots said the energy is adrenaline because I'm hungry. I don't care where it's coming from, I'm keeping it! Came home from work today and instead of curling up in my chair or taking a nap I changed clothes and took the Sultan for a walk. Earnee, also known as the Sultan of Southtown, thoroughly enjoyed the walk. He's passed out in the middle of the living room floor, however, I'm trying to get some calories in me so I can do laundry, clean the house, and possibly run laps around the house. LOL
I also weighed myself, even though it's not advised to do it every day. Since yesterday morning, I've lost 6 lbs... IN TWO DAYS! Just cracks me up.
Well, I'm going to try to update this daily, at least for a while. I want to keep a journal of the experience so when I'm at my goal weight I can see how far I have come.
Until next time...

No comments: